Sunday, June 28, 2009

Starting from Scratch

Here I am 6 weeks home from the mission... Italy Catania mission and it feels like starting over. Its a good feeling. A feeling you dont have very often. I am getting back to "normal" life, slowly. I am not in a rush to do anything really. I am enjoying the time I have before I get back into a busy schedule of school and work.

I miss Italy.

I miss my people. The ones who will remain in Italy, my italians, and the ones who will return home in the coming months. I am waiting for a happy reunion. Many happy reunions infact. I look forward to taking advantage of friendships already established. The comfort and easiness of relationships built on the best kind of love. Unconditional. The kind of friendship that no matter how much time has passed since you have seen one another, it feels like you were never apart.

I do not fear the future. I know where I am going and who I am. However, I am cautious of the things to come. I dont know if I am ready for all that life has instore for me in the not-so-distant future, but I am excited for the adventure and the falling that you just cannot plan for.

Hopefully I will be able to figure all this blog stuff out and it will be entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsey! Glad you started a blog! I would love to hear more about your travels! :)

    Cheers!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete