Sunday, August 30, 2009

School

Tomorrow is the first day of school for the first fall semester back from my mission.

I'm nervous.

The last few months have gone by so fast and I dont know what to do with myself. It was wonderful to be home with the family and do all that stuff, but I dont feel totally prepared for the next four months of school. Not prepared in the sense that I dont feel I have been properly mixed back into some kind of real social scene. No offense to the people at home but I wouldnt say seeing people you have known for years is really getting back into the swing of things. There was no NEW meeting of people and all that goes with it.

I am excited for classes. Even though it seems that I will have my nose in a different book every week for the next 14 weeks, I'm looking forward to studying and going to class and taking notes. I need something to keep my mind of the so called social things that plague me.

I promise I'm not socially inept, I just happen to look at things in a different way than most I suppose. I tend to over analyze and think about all the possible scenarios of a choice encounter and then everything becomes over dramatic and I psych myself out. Its a problem. I know. The benefit of this over analyzation is that I am really good at reading people. I can figure out a lot about someone in just the first few minutes of meeting them. Thats not always necessarily a blessing....unfortunately I see it sometimes more as a curse.

Anyway....these are just some of the thoughts I've had in these last few days...getting ready for school to finally happen and waiting for all those awkward first meetings to come crashing down around me.

I am anxious. I am excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment