Saturday, September 12, 2009

BIRTHDAY

Yesterday was my 24th Birthday.

I dont feel older.... I dont feel old... the number sounds old to me....but I dont feel old.

The day was great. Fun classes, did well on my italian quiz, my family sent me a birthday package, my BFF sent me a bouquet of flowers, went with my sisters to get pedicures, got all dressed up to go out with my friends and they surprised me with italian food at Terra Mia where other friends were waiting to spend the night with the birthday girl. My friends never cease to amaze me. I feel very blessed and loved. They really tried to make it a good night.

We ate good italian pizza made by real italians. We met the owner and cooks and spoke to them in italian (I miss it) we laughed, we enjoyed each other's company and we ate gelato.

We went to a dance party, played scum at my apartment and ended the happy night with hugs and well wishes.

It was a night of celebration and surprises.

I pride myself on being a very observant person. I see things, I analyze and I know what it all means. However I forget that most of the time I have no idea what I am doing. What I mean is I have no idea how I am behaving or reacting to things. I let my emotions get the best of me always. My heart usually makes it's way up from my sleeve to my forehead and I do strange things that I think are contrary to how I feel in an attempt to hide those emotions that so desperately want to escape. I am so busy observing and focusing on others faces, reactions and conversations that I forget about my own reactions, which usually leads to some kind of disaster.

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment